Consolidating acrage - 40 50 60 sex cam chat
operation was acquired by the Cumberland & Pennsylvania Railroad in January 1854.This acquisition included the motive power, rolling stock, 14.9 miles of track from Borden to Cumberland, and the Canal Wharf.
The Cumberland & Pennsylvania Railroad operated almost exclusively in one county, Allegany, in one State, Maryland, except for short forays on PRR track in Pennsylvania, and on B&O trackage in West Virginia.
Twelve passenger stations were located along the line, with another at Cumberland.
The only surviving example is the station at Frostburg, which has survived as a specialty restaurant for the Western Maryland Scenic Railroad.
The station in Piedmont, shared with the B&O, partially survived as the first floor of a formally two story structure.
The C&P provided the region with a transportation infrastructure; it enabled people in the outlying communities to go to market, and to attend school in the cities.
Passenger service was provided, and made connection with the B&O at Cumberland and Piedmont. These provided round trip transportation and a ticket to the popular Academy of Music in Cumberland.
Special trains on Sundays provided transportation to Church and social events.
Baseball games and Fourth of July Celebrations also were served by special trains.
The C&P was a railroad of the age of steam, and never operated a diesel. The office building, built in 1902 of enameled brick, still stands.
A single gasoline-electric car was used quite late in the railroad's operating life for mail and passenger service. For most of its life, it was owned by the Consolidation Coal Company, and was later integrated into the Western Maryland Railway in 1953. The brick round house, circa 1907, had a sixty foot deck 'Armstrong' turntable.
Of the various steam prime movers employed over the years, none was ever equipped with a trailing truck. The stone machine shop and car shop from 1866 survive.
The C&P provided the mail and the railway express service to Frostburg and the mining communities of the Georges Creek.